Global Business Week
In 2009, BIBA launched International Business Week to foster an increased appreciation among Barbadians for the international business sector and its contribution to the Barbados economy. In 2020, we rebranded to Global Business Week to continue focusing national attention on the nature, importance and contribution of the global business sector.
This year, Global Business Week – 22-28 October 2023 – will continue to explore opportunities in trade to and from Barbados, capture new employment and business opportunities, and further exploration of thought leadership covering a multiplicity of engaging topics under the pivotal and strategic theme – Adapt. Evolve. Execute – Be the Change.
Find out more about Global Business Week.
Global Business Conference
As Barbados continues to seek further diversification in its source markets for global business, the flagship event for our week of activities is always our Global Business Conference. Invited speakers will be local, regional and international business leaders with strategic knowledge and experience operating in global markets. As usual, this year’s conference will be a must-attend event for anyone interested in expanding into the sector and gaining first-hand insight into how it functions. Over 200 participants are expected for this conference.
BIBA, in collaboration with Invest Barbados and other strategic partners, has once again brought together a diverse range of speakers and topics designed to stimulate new ideas, partnerships and professional opportunities for attendees.
Join us for the flagship event – Global Business Conference, a two-day event to be held October 26 to 27 both virtually through CVENT and in-person at the idyllic Hilton Barbados Resort, under the theme “Global Business Today – Thriving in a Modern Era”.
- Medicinal Cannabis: Opportunities for Barbados and the Region
- Global Business Opportunities in Agriculture and Food Security
- Implications of Digital Currencies / Digital Wallets for Global Business
- Negotiating Complex Cross Border Transactions in Wealth Management
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investing
- Industry Solutions coming out of the COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis
- Beneficial Ownership
- Double Taxation Agreements/Bilateral Investment Treaties
- The Future of Work & Talent Management
- Risk Management & Resilience in Preparing for Crises
Kindly note that this is just the preliminary list and will be updated as other topics are confirmed.